Experimental abstract and non-objective paintings
Blog post prior to 10/2013 may be found at http://lauragibbs-studio.blogspot.com/

Aerial View

| 05 October, 2013 20:34

Aerial View is mixed media on handmade paper.  The painting was then mounted to a cradled panel so it is ready to hang without a frame. I often start several paintings at one time and finish them when “they speak to me”.  Even though I looked at this start a number of times, it just didn't speak to me.  Along came a new product that I wanted to try – Golden High Flow Acrylic.  I pulled this painting out and began finishing it.  The painting was started with some texture mediums and ink.  It was about 80% finished and the remaining 20% was finished using these new paints.  I was extremely pleased with the glazing properties of the transparent colors.  I particularly love the lower right hand corner where I was able to glaze purple over the yellows and neutrals.11x14 mixed media on cradled panel